A love story

10 th grade
As I sat there in English class , I stared at the girl next to me . She was my so called " best friend " . I stared at her long, silky hair, and wished she was mine. But she didn ' t notice me like that , and I knew it. After class , she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and handed them to her . She said " thanks " and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her , I want her to know that I don ' t want to be just friends , I love her but I ' m just too shy, and I don' t know why .
11 th grade
The phone rang . On the other end , it was her . She was in tears , mumbling on and on about how her love had broke her heart . She asked me to come over because she didn ' t want to be alone , so I did. As I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine . After 2 hours , one Drew Barrymore movie, and three bags of chips , she decided to go to sleep . She looked at me, said " thanks " and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her , I want her to know that I don ' t want to be just friends , I love her but I ' m just too shy, and I don ' t know why .
Senior year
The day before prom she walked to my locker . My date is sick " she said; he' s not going to go well, I didn ' t have a date , and in 7 th grade , we made a promise that if neither of us had dates , we would go together just as " best friends " . So we did . Prom night, after everything was over , I was standing at her front door step . I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her crystal eyes . I want her to be mine, but she isn ' t think of me like that , and I know it. Then she said " I had the best time , thanks !" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her , I want her to know that I don ' t want to be just friends , I love her but I ' m just too shy, and I don ' t know why .
Graduation Day
A day passed , then a week , then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn ' t notice me like that , and I knew it. Before everyone went home , she came to me in her smock and hat , and cried as I hugged her . Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, " you ' re my best friend , thanks " and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her , I want her to know that I don' t want to be just friends , I love her but I ' m just too shy, and I don ' t know why .
A Few Years Later
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now . I watched her say " I do " and drive off to her new life , married to another man. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn ' t see me like that , and I knew it. But before she drove away , she came to me and said " you came!" . She said " thanks " and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her , I want her to know that I don' t want to be just friends , I love her but I ' m just too shy, and I don ' t know why .
Funeral
Years passed , I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my " best friend " . At the service , they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years . This is what it read : I stare at him wishing he was mine, but he doesn' t notice me like that , and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don ' t want to be just friends , I love him but I' m just too shy, and I don ' t know why . I wish he would tell me he loved me ! ` I wish I did too . . . ` I thought to my self, and I cried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You may not believe in this but the advice is great! Read all the way down, you might learn something!!!

Sometimes you meet someone,