A LETTER FROM A NEWLY MARRIED GIRL TO HER MOTHER

Dear mom,
Like every normal girl, I was excited about
marriage right from my childhood days. I
never thought beyond the time that I
would spend happily with my prince
charming. But today when I am married, I
realize that marriage is not all roses. It’s
not just about being with your beloved and
having a gala time. There is so much more
to it.
It comes with its own share of
responsibilities, duties, sacrifices and
compromises. I can’t wake up anytime I
want to. I am expected to be up and ready
before everyone else in the family. I can’t
laze around in my pyjamas throughout the
day.
I am expected to be presentable every
time. I can’t just go out anytime I want to.
I am expected to be sensitive to the needs
of the family. I just can’t hit the bed
anytime I want to. I am expected to be
active and around the family. I can’t expect
to be treated like a princess but am
supposed to take care of everyone else in
the family. And then I think to myself,
‘why did I get married at all?’
I was happier with you, mom. Sometimes I
think of coming back to you and getting
pampered again. I want to come home to
my favorite food cooked by you every
evening after a nice outing with friends. I
want to sleep on your laps like I have no
worry in this world.
But then I suddenly realize, had you not
got married and made such sacrifices in
your life, I wouldn’t have had so many
wonderful memories to hang on to. And
suddenly, the purpose of all this becomes
clear- to return the same comfort, peace
and happiness to my new family that I got
from you. And I am sure that as time
would pass, I would start loving this life
equally as you do.
Thank you mom for all the sacrifices and
compromises you made. They give me the
strength to do the same.
Love you. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You may not believe in this but the advice is great! Read all the way down, you might learn something!!!

Sometimes you meet someone,