THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR BODY

My mother used to ask me what is the
most important part of the body.
Through the years I would take a guess
at the correct answer. When I was
younger, I thought sound was very
important to us as humans, so I said,
“My ears, Mommy.”
She said, “No. Many people are deaf yet
they manage. I will ask you again soon.”
Several years passed before she asked
me again. So this time I told her,
“Mommy, sight is very important to
everybody, so it must be our eyes.”
She looked at me and told me, ”
Incorrect. There are many people in
World who are blind.”
Stumped again, I continued my quest for
knowledge and over the years, Mother
asked me a couple more times and
always her answer was, “No. I shall wait
for right answer , my child.”
Then one year, my grandfather died.
Everybody was hurt. Everybody was
crying. Even my father cried. I
remember that especially because I
seldom saw him cry.
My Mom looked at me when it was our
turn to say our final good-bye to my
Grandfather. She asked me, “Do you
know the most important body part yet,
my dear?” .
She saw the confusion on my face and
told me, “This question is very
important. It shows that you have really
lived in your life. For every body part
you gave me in the past, I have told you
were wrong and I have given you an
example why.
But today is the day you need to get the
answer.”
She looked down at me . I saw her eyes
well up with tears. She said, “My dear,
the most important body part is your
shoulder.” I asked, “Is it because it holds
up my head?”
She replied, “No, it is because it can hold
the head of a friend or a loved one when
they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to
cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only
hope that you have enough love and
friends that you will always have a
shoulder to cry on when you need it.”
It is made for others and not for
yourself. It is sympathetic to the pain of
others.
People will forget what you said. People
will forget what you did . But people will
NEVER forget how you made them feel.
Good friends are like stars. You don’t
always see them, but you always know
they are there to lend their shoulder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You may not believe in this but the advice is great! Read all the way down, you might learn something!!!

Sometimes you meet someone,